Scottish Life Sciences
Tepnel Pharma Services is proud to be a part of the Scottish Life Sciences Community.
Together, this community has developed a vision that by 2020 Scotland will have:
“A globally focused, sustainable life sciences sector built on a fully connected national strategy that exploits strengths in scientific excellence, financial services and innovative business models, and that develops, retains and builds upon Scotland’s talents.”
The Life Sciences Scotland identity exists to unify the community and to broadcast Scotland’s depth of expertise in Life Sciences across the world.
Scotland as your outsourcing destination
Scotland is the ideal location to outsource pre-clinical and/or clinical research, find drug manufacture and formulation expertise and get easy access to a comprehensive supply chain.
6 reasons why Scotland is the place for pharma services:
- Drug development outsourcing across the supply chain
- Safe, effective and timely clinical trials history
- Collaborative working between academia, the Scottish Government and the National Health Service
- University excellence in drug discovery and development
- Easy access to patients and medical records
- A history of drug discovery excellence
Scotland is home to over 140 pharma services and supply companies, employing over 6,000 people working together and ready to advance your drug development.
From early drug discovery through pre-clinical and clinical trials, to manufacture, formulation and supply, we can help you find key pharma services decision-makers.
Scotland’s strengths include:
- Patient identification, from cradle to grave
- Strong collaboration across NHS, academia, government and industry
- Globally competitive trial recruitment and start-up times
- Bio-banking resource unrivalled in Europe (Generation Scotland)
- Globally recognised electronic health record system
- Home to world’s top medical schools focusing on translational medicine
- Phase I, II and II clinical trials, post-market surveillance, biostatistics, regulatory compliance, data management and study monitoring
- Fast permission times – about 3 weeks for commercial projects and just under 2 weeks for non-commercial projects