Method Development and Validation
Each regulatory submission must include the appropriate analytical procedures necessary to ensure the identity, strength, quality, purity and potency of the drug substance and drug product, including bioavailability. Tepnel has extensive experience in method development and validation that works to deliver data which establishes that any analytical procedures used in testing meet proper standards of accuracy and reliability and are suitable for their intended purpose.
The principles of methods development and validation apply to all types of procedures, however; pharmaceuticals that are derived from biotechnological/biological processes may have distinguishing characteristics which necessitate more complex analytical methodologies.
Our method development and validation service offers the development and validation of regulatory compliant procedures ranging from conventional HPLC through to complex monoclonal and polyclonal bioassays that can be routinely used to support either stability testing or lot release testing in the discovery, development and manufacture of pharmaceuticals.
- API and drug product methods
- Stability indicating methods
- Conventional HPLC and ELISA-based assays
- Extensive range of detection technologies; including: UV, PDA, FLU, ELSD, RI, TUV, PDA, SQD, LC/MS/MS, Maldi-Tof, GC and the Waters H-Class HPLC method development platform
- Potency and purity methods
We provide analytical chemistry and quality control support for method development and validation in accordance with ICH Q2 (R1) guidance documents and current Good Manufacturing Practices. Although not all of the validation characteristics are applicable for all types of tests, typical minimal validation characteristics at Tepnel include:
- Precision (repeatability, intermediate precision, and reproducibility)
- Limit of quantitation
- Limit of detection
- Stability of samples in matrix
- Stability of standard stock solutions
Sections in Method Development and Validation
All cGMP Analytical Services
- ICH Stability Testing Services
- Batch Release Services
- Raw Material Testing Service
- Method Development and Validation